Sunday, November 12, 2006

In da club

Nov. 10

It was raining hard and windy to boot, but I braved the elements to go clubbing. I am a club girl. I like to go clubbing and having some drinks with friends and dancing till I drop.
I've clubbed in most places I've visited: Hong Kong, Bangkok, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Novosibirsk, Florence, Vienna, and regretfully missed a few: Moscow, St. Petersburg, Paris, and Milan. And I only missed out on the clubbing because I had no one to club with....but if I did...

anyway...

So I went clubbing last Friday at Jet Vodka Lounge at 1551 N. Sheffield, not exactly an easy location to find. The club looked like an inside of a giant cylinder with white walls. It felt more Star Trek than Airforce One. The place wasn't huge, but the vodka was really good. Russia ruined my taste for vodka because once you've tasted authentic Russian vodka, the rest are just pretenders. Fortunately, the club lived up to its name because the vodka shot tasted like authentic Russian vodka; no smell, no burning sensation as you swallow, no strong after-taste; in short, it was smooth as silk. The music was good because it was hip hop and rap, but there was no obvious dance floor in the club, so we just had to dance where we were standing.

I joined AsianOne.org's events manager extraordinaire, Cindy Lam, and her friends from her other social network organization. We were all Asians from different origins and it was interesting to guess where everyone was from based on how we look.

The group was a bunch of professionals ranging from finance (lots of them!), healthcare, to manufacturing. You gotta hand it to the immigrant parents, they really hammered academic excellence to their kids and the fruits of their labor show. I won't run out of people to go to for tax or investment advice!

Here are pics of the night:

a fashion show of sorts

with a live perfomer
With Joyce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home